Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An Update

On eo four church members graciously used their $5 to provide a Christmas gift to a neighbor child (not knowing if they celebrate Christmas or not - but being sure to invite them to church).  Sometimes, even with the best of intentions, our prompts towards a life with God may not be taken...  But between respectful people, can still be the start of a relationship! 

Here was the response to the gift:

"Well, as I thought, my neighbors don't celebrate Christmas or any other holiday.  I know this as they did respond by typing out a short letter stating such. However, interesting statement at close.... "I pray that you understand and respect our beliefs. You are a blessing for reaching out to us." I find it encouraging that they took time to give me a personal response with a firsthand delivery and will continue to pray for their household and maintain whatever contact I am able."

Remember - all we can do is plant a seed.  We're just helping God out!  So don't be discouraged - rejoice in a new relationship!

No comments:

Post a Comment