Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jumpin' Gifts!

"Well...I did it!

I took the $5 from church, $20 Mary G. gave me for the sign I made for her, and some of my pocket money and made up five gift bags for Good Samaritan Inver Grove Heights holiday gifts. Each bag had a 'jumping jack' or 'jumpin jill' wooden toy (the little wooden gymnast things that flip when you squeeze the handles---I make those), a book of 20 'Forever' stamps, and yummy chocolate bar, and a peppermint stick. Sandy B. gave me the idea. I told the woman in charge to give me a call if they still needed some gifts. (They get donations from the people in the community, and give a gift to each resident.) I walked out of there feeling warm and GOOD inside.

I still want to go together with people to give to KIVA. And Heifer International will also get something out of me. Chuck is going to multiply his $5 by 10, and give $50 to the Salvation Army.

Thanks for the great idea!"

Dawn E.

No comments:

Post a Comment