Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fundraising

Here is an update on the Edelmans' living a better story effort. I sent the email below to several friends.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Craving holiday cookies, but too busy to bake? Let me do the baking for you! Sugar cookies, spritz cookies, white-chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter blossoms with Hershey's kisses, . . . anything you like.

I will buy the ingredients, make the treats, and deliver them right to your doorstep. The only thing I ask in return is that you make a small donation to our church's mission fund. Our church (St. Paul's United Methodist Church) is encouraging us to come up with creative fundraising ideas to support our missions during the month of December, and baking cookies sounded like fun to me. Jake and Tommy have also volunteered to raise money by shoveling driveways, so feel free to call them if we get any snow.

If you are interested in cookies or snow removal . . . just let us know!

Happy Holidays!

Jill
------------------------------------------------------------------

We've had a few snowstorms, but nobody has called the boys to shovel yet. (Tommy has been quite thankful for this. When the phone rings after a snowfall, he usually runs and hides for fear that someone will call looking for his shovelling services.) I've received several calls for cookies, and I've been happily baking away. So far, I've received $125 in donations to the "missions fund" of St. Paul's UMC. I have several more cookie orders to deliver next week, so I expect a little more money to trickle in. Also, much to Tommy's dismay, significant snow is forecast for this weekend, so the boys may also be earning some money as well. :)

Thanks for introducing this effort, it has made our Advent season very memorable!

Thanks, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment