Monday, June 7, 2010

Me

"God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another...  I have a part in a great work; I am a link in a chain; a bond of connection between persons.  He has not created me for naught.  I shall love as Christ loved, I shall do his work."
--John Henry Newman

God created each of us with specific gifts, personality types, talents, and goals...  Created us to take part in the bigger picture of a world filled with grace and love.  A world where the kingdom is here and now.

Me.  You.  We are a part of this picture - but we must choose to engage and act out our faith.  One of the ways we do that is by following Jesus' lead and taking on a servant heart.

Make a choice to be that link and that bond between people.  What can you do today to love as we are taught to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment