Tuesday, November 30, 2010

$5.00

At the beginning of November, we handed out $5 to everyone in our congregation with the challenge of 1) praying about it for three days - what would God have me do with this money in order to make a difference in somebody else's life? 2) do something with it. Make a difference. 3) come back and tell the congregation my "Living a Better Story" experience.
It's November 29th. I still have my $5.

About a week ago, I woke up in the middle of the night from a dream. I KNEW what I was supposed to use it for! I felt like God had told me exactly what to do and how to do it. I lay there, awake and excited, figuring out the details of how to execute my plan... I got up, went to the bathroom, got a drink of water, settled back into bed - all the while thinking of my new God-given strategy to use the $5 in some generous and wonderful way. I fell back to a restful sleep...

The next morning... I couldn't remember my dream.

I thought and thought... Nothing.

And no new ideas.

I went to work and told my pastor about it. Her thought? "That's why God told Moses to write the commandments down!" Ha ha ha. Very funny.

I've had a lot of fun listening to other people's stories... and I have a new place I'm planning to start volunteering at that I learned of from someone else's "Living A Better Story" experience... But that $5 is still in my purse, waiting for the perfect moment.

Here's a prayer I read today - I'm saying it in hopes that God will hear my plea for an idea on how to serve Him best!

"O Lord, what an amazing opportunity you have set out before me - a chance to make a difference for you in a desperately hurting world. Help me to see the needs you want me to see, to react in a way that honors you, and to bless others by serving them gladly with practical expressions of your love. Help me be Jesus' hands and feet, and through your Spirit give me the strength and wisdom I need to fulfill your plan for me in my own generation. In Jesus' name I pray, amen."
--Max Lucado, "Out Live Your Life"

Megan A.

No comments:

Post a Comment