Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do

I read a quote recently that said, "We are what we do."  Another quote that kind of said the same thing: "People become like their focus - we emulate what we think about."  And one more, "What we are devoted to will shape our lives."  (I jotted these down on scrap paper and forgot to write down who said them...  If I find that info, I'll let you know!)

It makes you think, doesn't it? 

What do people see me doing?  What about what I do defines me to other people?

What is my focus that other people zero in on?  What am I emulating in my daily life?

And what is it that is shaping my life - in every moment, with every breath?

In this month of focusing on Worship...  Do people see me as a person of worship?  Is my focus on God and am I emulating a Godly walk everyday?  In every moment, and with every breath - am I thanking and praising God for the life I have?  for the blessings, the lessons, the love, and the hope that surrounds me?

I know I have some thinking to do...  What about you?  When people see your actions, hear your words, sense your focus, and feel your devotion - does it lead them to God? 

Heavy stuff, huh?

2 comments:

  1. That's kind of a scary thought! Do I really behave in a way that reflects what I believe? Sometimes yes, sometimes I'm way off base. I wonder what other people are observing about me! Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete