Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Center

"The Discipline of Worship helps us to develop a life dedicated to giving God honor and glory in all that we say and do.  It reminds us that we are not the center of the universe - God is, and therefore he is worthy of our worship.  Oswald Chambers says that in worship we are to "give God the best that he has given us."  We are invited - even called - to give God center place in our family relationships, work, recreation, money, and bodies."
--Valerie Hess, "Habits of a Child's Heart"

Hmmm...  I'm not the center of the universe?  Bummer.

Is God center of my relationship?  Work?  Recreation?  Money?  Body?  How I choose to spend my time?
Every one of these priorities - and how I include God in them - is my CHOICE.  How will I work on choosing God this week?

3 comments:

  1. I loved your comment about not being the center of the universe!

    Great post...lots to think about!

    thanks for the prayers...my poor little kids I work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thoughts---I need to think about this more-----

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to keep God in my center and not be quick to criticize or judge others.

    ReplyDelete