From Shepher to King...
1. Contrast God's view of David with man's view of David. Would you say you are winsome in the world's eyes? How does God see you?
2. Who or what are the giants in your life that need to be faced with courage? How can you equip yourself to do this?
3. Think of a time when jealousy has somehow overtaken you. How can focusing on the Upper Story help you conquer those feelings?
4. Review the exchange between Saul and David at En Gedi (p 123-134). What does Saul's response to David's offer of grace teach you about God's grace?
5. "The Lord does not look at the things human beings look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (p 117) What words or acts of encouragement can you offer today to others (from family to strangers) based on God's view of them?
6. When David wanted to build God a temple, God redirected him, just as God sometimes constrains our best intentions because God wants us to serve God in other ways. How has God redirected you? Looking back, was this initially disappointing?
Nebraska and After
1 day ago