Personal devotion questions to connect chapter 7 to your own faith journey...
1. What can we learn about godly leadership and succession planning as we watch the batonn passed from Moses to Joshua?
2. We often draw black and white lines when we disagree with others. Read Joshua 5:13-14. How do people today co-opt Jesus to ensure He's on "their side"?
3. God gave Joshua assurances to face the coming battles, but Joshua still had to act in faith. What battles are you currently facing? How can God's presence and promises change the way you cope with them?
4. Do you suppose God viewed Rahab as a woman of sin or a woman of faith? Who in your life needs to be viewed through "grace-colored" glasses?
5. How does the destruction of peoples and cities in the Promised Land square with God's Upper Story of redemption?
6. Observe the battle between Israel-Gibeon and the five kings of the Amorites (p 78-80). What human factors and what divine factors led to victory? What parallels can be drawn between this battle and your own spiritual battles today?
7. Joshua is known for the statement, "As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." What habits and attitudes have you seen in other families that are good examples of leading a household in serving the Lord? How can you emulate them?
Why I Don't Drink
2 weeks ago