Rally Sunday was yesterday - one of my favorite Sundays of the year!
Our kids come back from summer vacations, our adults become more involved once again, our schedule is back on track, everyone's telling stories from their summer... It's new beginnings and celebrations - just the way we like it!
And this year, we had 155 in worship - a new Rally Sunday record!
As many of you already know, we are also widening our church family this coming week as we welcome the members from First United Methodist of South St Paul! This Sunday will be their first official worshipping with us as we all become ONE NEW CHURCH. Fabulous!
So, just a reminder, with so many new bodies in the building...
* Be sure to leave parking spaces for our newcomers (Mike and I, and Pastor Penny and Eric will be parking on the street).
* Scootch over in the pew - and get to know your neighbor!
* Be sure to grab your nametag and introduce yourself (feel free to use Pastor Penny's favorite phrase, "I don't believe we've met, my name is...").
* Invite new friends to classes or groups, to fellowship or out to lunch!
* Smile! God is blessing this church in amazing ways!
And remember, this Sunday we begin our journey into "The Story" as well - be sure to come and get your book!
Hands 2 Help Challenge is Back!
1 week ago